Social Media ManagerRohnert Park, California, United States Apply Now Job ID 1701879
- Develops effective and engaging content across multiple social channels, in a variety of formats from written to visual to video and more.
- Manages social media communities by scheduling and responding to daily posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram etc., maintaining the appropriate brand voice and growing following and engagement in all platforms. Responds to customer service issues and questions, develops and manages social contests, curates user generated content, surfaces blogger/athlete and influencer mentions and shares across social.
- Contributes and manages the social and digital content calendar by partnering closely with the email/e-commerce and marketing teams to align social and digital content to marketing initiatives, assigning, editing and posting contributor blog content and scheduling across social platforms.
- Maintains and executes Blog support duties such as publishing, basic copy-editing and fact-checking and securing approvals to ensure posts adhere to strict accuracy and timing requirements.
- Maintains deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to negotiate exclusive and/or compelling content for NBTA brands, or opportunities for channels like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Participates in original video creation, including hosting, writing, producing, and more.
- Reports social and digital content analytics by reporting growth and engagement and highlighting metrics on a weekly basis.
- Supports NBTA brands influencer programs by incorporating content into social media/blog to drive seasonal initiatives.
- Supports digital content initiatives as needed in video, digital media buys, partnerships and emerging social platforms.
- Stays abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media/marketing/e-commerce technologies and benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media. Constantly explores and evaluates new social platforms, tools, services and vendors and provides recommendations.
- Establishes and executes strategic social strategies and campaigns for new product launches, store openings and brand partnerships.
- Collaborates with the Athlete/Events coordinator on branding/influencer events.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager, Communications & Engagement to orchestrate seasonal gifting programs and press previews in order to secure online influencer attendance and coverage.
- Actively manages professional development.
- University or four-year college degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the digital space and a solid understanding of and actively engaged in using social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.).
- Experience in traditional media outlet or agency environment is useful, as position will need ability to deliver regular content under deadline pressure.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows Office programs, basic graphics program and email are required.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Curalate, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, HEARTBEAT, simply measured, etc.).
- Basic level Adobe Photoshop editing skills, video editing / gif creation, and HTML coding capability is required.
- Desire to continually learn the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); outstanding command of the English language. Confident in communicating both verbally and in writing with internal and external contacts and building and maintaining relationships.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- You like working with people, people like working with you.
- Knowledge of and passion for outdoor activities and a love of travel is preferred; knowledge of wider pop culture and entertainment landscape is appreciated.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO and version control.
- Practical knowledge of other functions including sourcing, design, marketing, wholesale sales, merchandising, inventory planning and distribution
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Team player
- Sense of humor and sense of fun
- Able to travel about 10% of the year, including international travel
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Our core values of People - Product - Planet represent our commitment to innovation, quality, authenticity, continuous improvement, community and sustainability. We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and a down-to-earth, collaborative and engaging work environment.
Embark on your next adventure at Newell Brands Technical Apparel!
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Let us connect you
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you to jobs that best match your work experience.Start Matching